Follow the Lions
Test 1 and 2
Follow the Lions – Test 1 and 2
This 10-night tour is tailored around the first two Lions Tests, making the most of Johannesburg and Cape Town. We have added in a luxury Big 5 safari and a couple of days in Franschhoek Winelands, making the most of what South Africa has to offer.
Highlights and inclusions
- Dedicated tour leader/on the ground point of contact.
- 24/7 access to Steadfast Africa concierge services.
- 10 nights luxury accommodation with breakfast.
- 2 Steadfast Africa pre-match hospitality events with lunch, drinks and entertainment.
- 3 nights all-inclusive Big 5 safari with two game drives per day.
- All park entrance fees.
- Wine tasting day on the Franschhoek.
- Wine Tram.
- Wine estate and motor museum entry.
- Guided peninsula tour with entrance to Cape Point, Boulders Beach (penguins).
- Personalised Tour jacket.
- 5 upscale lunches with unlimited drinks*.
- 3 upscale dinners with unlimited drinks*.
*limitations on certain alcoholic types and brands at different venues. Safari includes selected beer, wine and spirits. Steadfast functions include only beer / wine.
- Domestic flight JNB – CT.
- Transfer from the Winston Boutique Hotel to Lush private safari lodge.
- Transfer from Lush private safari lodge to Lanseria airport.
- Transfer from Cape Town International airport to Franschhoek Boutique Hotel.
- Transfer from Franschhoek Boutique Hotel to The Three Hotel.
- Return transfer to hospitality event and 1st test.
- Match tickets.
- Lunch on days not specified.
- Dinners on nights not specified.
- Transfer from the airport to your hotel in JHB (arriving).
- Transfer from The Three to the Airport (leaving).
- Transfer to the 2nd Test (close and easy by foot / Uber).
We’ve mapped out your journey!
2 nights - The Winston Hotel (5 star)
Johannesburg – 23rd to 25th July
3 nights - Lush Private Lodge (5 star)
Big-5 safari, Pilanesberg – 25th to 28th July
2 nights - Franschhoek Boutique Hotel (4 star)
Franschhoek – 28th to 30th July
3 nights - The Three Boutique Hotel (4 star)
Cape Town – 30th July to 2nd August
The Winston, Johannesburg: 23rd to 25th July
23rd July: Check in at The Winston Boutique Hotel (5 star) and settle in before the big day. (view here).
24th July: Game day! Steadfast Africa pre-match hospitality event at Chaf Pozi in Soweto, including a shisa nyama braai (barbecue), selected drinks and live music and entertainment. Transport to and from the venue and match – bus loaded with LION lager. (view here).
25th July: Depart after breakfast for your 3 night all-inclusive (full board, two safaris per day, all meals and drinks, park fees) safari! You will be transported by air conditioned bus (2.5-hour journey) and taken to Lush Private Lodge in Pilanesberg private game reserve. A Luxury lodge with a high design spec in a well known big 5 game reserve. Expect to see some incredible game. (view here).
Lush Private Lodge, Luxury Big-5 safari, Pilanesberg: 25th to 28th July
25 – 28 July: Spent on safari. This includes 2 x guided jeep safari drives per day. Have a G&T in the middle of the African bush while you watch the sun go down. Have drinks telling stories around the boma. Even in winter, the days are hot and sunny and there will be plenty of time for cocktails by the pool in between the phenomenal game viewing. The Sun City resort is only thirty minutes away, so there will be optional excursions to the top golf courses, casino, bars and entertainment.
28 July: The bus will collect you from Lush Private Lodge and take you to Lanseria airport to make your mid-afternoon flight to Cape Town. You will be collected from Cape Town International Airport and taken to your accommodation in the winelands.
Franschhoek Boutique Hotel, Franschhoek: 28th to 30th July
28 July: Arrive at the high design Franschhoek Boutique Hotel (5 star) at sunset and enjoy the evening at leisure. There are many top restaurants and bars a short walk from the hotel. (view here).
29th July: After breakfast at leisure, it’s all aboard the Franschhoek Wine Tram for a long boozy afternoon of wine tasting at the country’s top wine estates. The tram is the best way to do this, and individuals can hop on and off and enjoy each estate for as little or as long as they like. (view here)
30th July: Breakfast and checkout at leisure before 11.00am bus to the Franschhoek Motor Museum (one of the best private collections of cars in the world, on perhaps the most beautiful wine estate in the world) (view here). A visit to Babylonstoren Wine Estate, where you can walk around the gardens, taste some more fine wines, visit at their shop or grab some lunch before heading on to Cape Town, the Mother City! (view here)
The Three Boutique Hotel, by LION Roars, Cape Town: 30th July to 2nd August
30th July: Arrive at The Three Boutique Hotel (4 star), which is walking distance from Kloof St and over 50 great restaurants and bars. You should get some rest, but you probably won’t! (view here).
31st July: Game day… We are hosting a Steadfast Africa pre-match event at the upmarket Den Anker restaurant at the V&A Waterfront. This event will be far more formal than the Soweto curtain-raiser, and will include a three-course steak lunch, fine wines and guest rugby speakers to set the tone. The Waterfront is a short walk from the stadium.
1st August: Head out for your Peninsula tour day with Lucky & Lost where you will see the Cape of Good hope, stop for a scenic picnic lunch and see the famous penguins on Boulders Beach. You’ll taste some of South Africa’s best wine and end your day off with a sunset drive over scenic Chapmans Peak (view here).
2nd August: End of tour! Fly safely home after an incredible trip. Or if you wish to extend, get in touch for any add-on itinerary ideas.
R59 000 approximately £2750*
per person sharing
R79 000 approximately £3700*
single occupancy (not sharing)
* Please note packages are priced in Rands, the Pound price is the approximate currency conversion at the time of publication.