Follow the Lions
Test 2 and 3
Follow the Lions – Test 1 and 2
This 10-night package is tailored around tests 2 & 3. Taking advantage of the epic locations of each test and giving you the best experience of what South Africa has to offer. Starting in Cape Town, 2 nights at a luxury big 5 safari lodge, and ending off in Johannesburg makes for the perfect stay! Tour dates are 29th July to 8 August and its capacity is 16 people (8 rooms).
Highlights and inclusions
- Dedicated tour leader/on the ground point of contact.
- 24/7 access to Steadfast Africa concierge services.
- 10 nights luxury accommodation with breakfast.
- 2 Steadfast Africa pre-match. hospitality events with lunch, drinks and entertainment.
- 2 nights all-inclusive Big 5 safari with two game drives per day.
- All park entrance fees.
- Wine tasting day on the Franschhoek Wine Tram.
- Wine estate and motor museum entry.
- Guided peninsula tour with entrance to Cape Point, Boulders Beach (penguins).
- Personalised Tour jacket.
- 4 upscale lunches with unlimited drinks*.
- 2 upscale dinners with unlimited drinks*.
*limitations on certain alcoholic types and brands at different venues. Safari includes selected beer, wine and spirits. Steadfast functions include only beer / wine.
- Transfer from Pineapple House to Mont d’Or in Franschhoek.
- Transfer from Mont d’Or to Cape Town International airport.
- Local flight – CT – Lanseria.
- Transfer from Lanseria to Clifftop Exclusive Safari Hideaway.
- Transfer from Clifftop Exclusive Safari Hideaway to Leighwood lodge.
- Return transfer to hospitality event and 3rd test.
- Match tickets.
- Lunch on days not mentioned.
- Dinners on nights not specified.
- Transfer from the airport to Pineapple House (arriving).
- Transfer from Leighwood lodge to the Airport (leaving).
- Transfer to the 2nd Test (close and easy by foot / Uber).
We’ve mapped out your journey!
4 nights - Pineapple House (5 star)
Cape Town – 29th July to 2nd August
3 nights - Mont d'Or Franschhoek (5 star)
Franschhoek – 2nd to 4th August
2 nights - Clifftop Exclusive Safari Hideaway (5 star)
Welgevonden – 4th to 6th August
2 nights - Leighwood lodge (4 star)
Johannesburg – 6th to 8th August
Pineapple House, Cape Town: 29th July to 2nd August
29th July: Check into Pineapple House (5-star), and enjoy the day at leisure. (view here)
30th July: Day at Leisure, go and see beautiful Table Mountain or any other sights you may have your eye on.
31st July: Gameday… We are hosting a Steadfast Africa pre-match event at the upmarket Den Anker restaurant at the V&A Waterfront. This event will be far more formal than the Soweto curtain-raiser, and will include a three-course steak lunch, fine wines and guest rugby speakers to set the tone. The Waterfront is a short walk from the stadium. (view here)
1st August: Head out for your Peninsula tour day with Lucky & Lost where you will see the Cape of Good Hope, stop for a scenic picnic lunch and see the famous penguins on Boulders Beach. You’ll taste some of South Africa’s best wine and end your day off with a sunset drive over scenic Chapman’s Peak. (view here).
2nd August: The bus will collect you after breakfast at around 11.00 am to take you to the Winelands. Stopping off at Franschhoek Motor Museum (one of the best private collections of cars in the world, on perhaps the most beautiful wine estate in the world) (view here). A visit to Babylonstoren Wine Estate, where you can walk around the gardens, taste some more fine wines, visit at their shop or grab some lunch before heading on to Cape Town, the Mother City! (view here)
Mont d’Or, Franschhoek: 2nd to 4th August (view here)
2nd August: Check in before sunset, in time for dinner (short walk to a Franschhoek restaurant of choice).
3rd August: After breakfast at leisure, it’s all aboard the Franschhoek Wine Tram for a long boozy afternoon of wine tasting at the country’s top wine estates. The tram is the best way to do this, and individuals can hop on and off and enjoy each estate for as little or as long as they like. (view here)
4th August: Transfer to airport for mid-morning flight to Lanseria Airport.
Clifftop Exclusive Safari Hideaway, Welgevonden: 4th to 6th August
4th August: Transfer to Clifftop Exclusive Safari Hideaway, in an airconditioned luxe bus (3 hours) where you will spend the next few days on safari with two game drives per day. Arrive at the beautiful Clifftop Exclusive Safari hideaway in time for your afternoon game drive. Have a G&T in the middle of the African bush while you watch the sun go down. Have drinks telling stories around the boma. Even in winter, the days are hot and sunny and there will be plenty of time for cocktails by the pool in between the phenomenal game viewing safaris drives. (view here)
6th August: Transfer in an airconditioned bus from the lodge to Leighwood lodge in Johannesburg.
Leighwood lodge, Johannesburg: 6th to 8th August.
6th August: Arrive at beautiful Leighwood lodge B&B (4-star) centrally located in Parktown. Settle in before the big day! (view here)
7th August: Gameday! You’ll be transferred to the Steadfast Africa pre-match hospitality event, with drinks and snacks at the Troyeville Hotel – an iconic Portuguese institution, 5 minutes walk from the stadium. Incredible atmosphere and a perfect place for beers after the game so as to not get stuck in traffic! Return transport provided post-match.
8th August: End of tour! Fly safely home after an incredible trip. Or if you wish to extend, get in touch for any add-on itinerary ideas.
R49 000 approximately £2300*
per person sharing
R69 000 approximately £3250*
single occupancy (not sharing)
* Please note packages are priced in Rands, the Pound price is the approximate currency conversion at the time of publication.